Wednesday 4 May 2011

What messages are in the songs we listen to?

A song that I really like is called Who Says by Selena Gomez. This is the link to the video: http://www.YouTube.com/watch?v=sVPZJG2pyHs

Some of the Lyrics in this song are this:
"You made me insecure
Told me I wasn't good enough
But who are you to judge
When you're a diamond in the rough
I'm sure you got some things
You'd like to change about yourself
But when it comes to me
I wouldn't want to be anybody else"


"Who says
Who says you're not star potential
Who says you're not presidential
Who says you can't be in movies
Listen to me, listen to me
Who says you don't pass the test
Who says you can't be the best
Who said, who said
Won't you tell me who said that"


These are only 2 verses about how girls should only be themselves, they shouldn't listen to what the media says about how girls should look or act.  The song also says that they could be anything or anybody that they want to be, which is very true as long as they set their mind to it.
Personally my favourite lyrics from the song are "I'm no beauty queen... I'm just beautiful me" I like those lyrics because it is another way of saying that you should only be yourself. I am also glad that this song is directed to girls because I  find that the media is always telling girls how to be and that they have to be skinny or have perfect bodies etc. and this song shows that this is not true and that they don't have to have or be those things. Girls should be individual and be themselves!

 Selena Gomez and the scene "Who Says"

No comments:

Post a Comment