- it's an easy way to stay connected with frineds, family, etc... no matter where they are.
- in case of an emergency you can easily contact 911, or a friend if your feeling unsafe
- it's an easy way to kill time when your by yourself and have nothing to do
- when people overuse them they can become anti-social, and lose the ability to socialize face-to-face with real people.
- they can be unawareof what's going on around them, and that can sometimes lead to accidents, (or close calls).
- they can lose contact with the people who are actually real and there with them, and can grow distant from friends, family.
I believe the pros and cons are true, it all depends on how you use your cell phones whether it is consider a pro or a con, and for some people, it might be both.